Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Left-handed People Are Better

It's true! Don't argue with me -- you all know it.

In fact, President Barack Obama (still so thrilling to type/say/hear/read), is a leftie. (Any conservative readers may make appropriate jokes now. I'll wait).

We lefties are a proud bunch. Despite the ink seen staining our hands, despite our inability to use eraseable pens (so much smudging!), despite the odd shapes we contort our bodies into in order to scribble, despite our often hideous handwriting -- we hold our heads high and our pencils aloft. The few. The Proud. The Left-Handed.

Have you hugged a leftie today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, Here!!!

Southpaws ROCK.

love ya girl.

xo,
steamie

EV said...

I am proud to be left-handed!

Unknown said...

Well I had to sit next to you at the dinner table with your pokey left elbow jutting me in the jaw or knocking my fork out of my (right) hand. But that's okay... we were kids and it didn't take long for our mother to figure out that we should just switch. Always sit to the right of a leftie, that's what I say. Unless you're a leftie.

sapheyerblu said...

My dad would have agreed with you 100%. He was a leftie, and always said that left handed people were in their right mind. :)