Monday, March 2, 2009

Gratitude

It's snowing today here on the East Coast. Snow makes me cranky. Winter makes me cranky. I know, snow is pretty and all that. It is also irritating. Go ahead and call me grumpy; I can take it.

However, rather than focus on the cold and the slush, I am going to create a list of some of the things for which I am grateful. It sure does beat kvetching about the weather.

In no particular order, my partial list --

I am grateful for/that:
~Facebook putting me back in touch with long lost friends
~my mom still calls me "punken"
~my sister-in-law videotaped my niece and nephews playing in the snow. I can watch it once I'm home this evening
~my dad likes my poetry
~dogs
~good health
~bread, cheese, wine -- the perfect meal
~the new online friends I'm making through blogging
~a warm winter coat
~the pet store near my apartment has new cats up for adoption; I get to see them every day on my walk to/from the subway
~blankets
~asparagus
~friends near and far
~my DVR
~salmon; I could eat it every day
~Jane Smiley's novel MOO. Read it if you want to laugh out loud.
~my energy healer/guru/practioner Mary Swanson
~my brother and sister and I like each other
~artists
~boots
~a mid-afternoon nap on a rainy/snowy day
~the cello
~Garrison Keillor
~Bill Moyers
~The New Yorker
~Caitlin, Scott, Flynn and Dewey
~Ann Adkinson, nee Burrows
~Shakespeare
~telescopes
~Bjorn-y-pants and Stine-a-rina
~reminders to count your blessings
~the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens
~Meeghan, Brutus and Wolfgang
~camraderie during tech rehearsals
~looking forward to the future
~guardian angels, both seen and unseen
~hot apple cider
~probiotics
~Wales
~whales
~National Geographic
~evidence of happy marriages
~the Founding Fathers
~ice cream

God knows my list could go on and on. What are some of the things you're grateful for? Feel free to post in the comments section!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for
- friends and family
- Albert Einstein
- Abraham Lincoln
- my health
- my dog Shasti (she's a good dog)
- My wife (maybe I should put her above my dog)
- my home
- my computers
- Stevie Wonder
- and Parliament/Funkadelics!!!

"These are a few of my favorite things!!"
Regards
KBB

Anonymous said...

JuB!

Thanks for including me on the list; after that movie last night, I was sure grateful for a lot of things in my life too.

-coffee (though I am abstaining right now)
-good health
-New York
-History!
-a roof over my head that's warm
-choice
-freedom of religion (or no religion!)
-my job
-my family, in particular my parents
-music
-Shakespeare (did you have that as well?)
-friends, precious, talented, numerous & true, including you.

So much more, but that's short list.

xo, steamie