Friday, February 13, 2009

Various and sundry...

Michael Phelps gets caught smoking pot and is suspended from competition for 3 months. Alex Rodriguez receives no punishment for admitting to using steroids. Phelps' pot use was purely recreational whereas A-Rod used drugs in order to cheat and enhance his performance.

Rush Limbaugh declares on his radio show that he hopes Obama fails. He outright advocates for the failure of the head of the American government and is considered a hero by the right-wing nutjobs. However, anyone having the audacity to criticize George W. Bush when he was president was labeled a traitor.

Drew Peterson, the man whose 3rd wife died under mysterious circumstances and whose 4th wife disappeared, is engaged again. He is 55 and she is 24.

I have three email accounts, am on Facebook and have two blogs but I still don't know what Twitter is. Can someone explain it to me?

Referring to the stimulus package:
" 'It's generational theft', said Senator John McCain, just a few days after voting for tax cuts that would, over the next decade, have cost about four times as much. Paul Krugman in today's NY Times.









This picture makes me laugh.



3 comments:

Walt said...

I been working in all levels of government for 30 years. We are your worst nightmare. This nation has no real money. I wish I could tell you things will get better, alas it is going to be far worse than you have ever dreamed.


February 10th, 2009
Open Source & Copyright Free
We will make mistakes.”
Timothy Geithner wants to steal from the taxpayers and give to billionaires.

Walt said...

What kind of dope am I? Seems I've lost all my manners. You are such a beautiful lady, I never even bothered to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! I must be getting old.

Claudia said...

Once again, your post seems to have come out of my own thoughts. Since I'm here alone at Shiley without anyone to rant to, thank goodness you speak for me through your blog!

By the way, I hope you feel better soon!