Friday, February 20, 2009

The Perfect Day

What does your perfect day look like? For the sake of this exercise let's assume that money is no object. If you want to have millions of dollars, great. If you'd like to simply be comfortable, great! But if you want to do a particular something on your perfect day, like hop on a flight to Vienna, assume that you have the means to make it happen.

My day looks like this:

I get out of bed at 10am for a session with my personal trainer.
Breakfast with my dashing screenwriter (or director, producer, DP, lighting, sound, set) husband.
Then a stop by the volunteer tutoring center for an hour's work with one of my tutees. (Is that a word?)
On the way home, I get a call from my agent telling me that I've booked the 4 episode arc on Friday Night Lights.
A quick stop at the drugstore for some strawberry cream Starbursts as a celebration.
Lunch.
Then I curl up in my favorite chair for reading time, probably something historical or political.
A quick, light snack and I'm off to the Mark Taper Forum for a performance of Much Ado About Nothing, in which I'm playing Beatrice.
Home to an after-performance meal with hubby.
Crazy hot sex with hubby.
Pleasant slumber.

Now THAT'S a good day.

What about you? Feel free to share in the comments section!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your perfect day doesn't seem so far out of your reach, Ms. Smith! I love it.
My perfect day involves some time travel and hanging out with dead people: My Grandpa Nick, most specifically. He dies about a year after my father died in 1992.
What I'd like to do is travel back in time to when he was a boy studying for his citizenship test (he emigrated from Genoa, Italy in 1918 ). I'd be curious what questions he had to be prepared about this country that he moved his entire life to...How he prepared for it, who (if anyone) quizzed him, and if he used music in any way for the memorization. (He was in a barbershop quartet in Brooklyn as a teenager and was always singing and harmonizing). Lastly, I'd like to travel to the town of his birth and make a meal of all the foods indigenous to the region. I would like to learn to make cannolis the way his Mother made them, because he talked about them all the time.
Lastly, I'd like to be tucked into bed and sung to by the man who instilled such a love of music in me and my sisters. That'd be a perfect day.